SC / ST Cell
Patel Institute of Science and Management, Bengaluru established a specialized unit in March 2022 to aid students belonging to Scheduled Cast (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), and Other Backward Classes (OBC) in enhancing their academic performance and personal development within the Institution in strict compliance with the guidelines of the UGC/AICTE regarding reservation policy. The Institution is establishing a dedicated cell for the welfare of SC/ST & OBC communities, to ensure the efficient implementation of reservation policy in admission, recruitment, allocation of hostels, and other areas.
The primary objectives of the SC/ST & OBC Cell are:
- To implement the reservation policy for SCs/STs and OBCs in the Institute.
- To collect and analyze data on the implementation of policies concerning admissions, appointments, promotions, and other areas in the Institute and to identify trends and changes toward meeting the required quota.
- To take appropriate follow-up measures to achieve the objectives and targets set by the State Government and UGC.
- To continuously implement, monitor, and evaluate the reservation policy in the Institute, and devise strategies for its effective implementation according to the government and UGC guidelines.
- To guide the SC/ST & OBC students of the Institute to take full advantage of the schemes offered by the State Government, Government of India (GOI), and UGC.
Functions of SCIST and OBC Cell:
The SC/ST & OBC CELL is responsible for ensuring the effective implementation of reservation policies for these communities in universities and affiliated colleges. The following are its key functions:
- Collecting and analyzing annual data on course-wise admissions for SC/ST & OBC candidates, as well as appointments, promotions, and training opportunities in teaching and non-teaching positions, and taking necessary follow-up actions.
- Staying up-to-date on state government and University Grants Commission decisions related to education, training, and employment of these communities, and using this information to inform policy development and modification.
- Serving as a Grievances Redressal Cell for SC/ST & OBC students and employees of the University, helping to resolve academic and administrative issues.
- Inspecting affiliated colleges to ensure compliance with reservation policies, including admissions, appointments, and promotions of staff, and teaching and non-teaching preparing reports for submission to the University and government.
- Maintaining a register of SC/ST & OBC candidates for University teaching positions in the affiliated colleges.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of remedial coaching schemes in affiliated colleges.
Overall, SC/ST & OBC CELL plays a crucial role in promoting equity and social justice opportunities in education and career-ensuring advancement that all qualified students have equal access to educational opportunities and career advancement.
In 2021-22, In the Institutions established an SC/ST cell to support and uplift students from these communities. The cell is dedicated to assisting students in securing financial aid from government agencies and other sources. Additionally, the college actively promotes career orientation programs to empower and equip SC/ST students with the necessary skills to make informed decisions about their career path.
|1.||Dr. Manjunath S.||Chairperson|
|2.||Prof. Sharatchandra Kamath K||Member|
|3.||Prof. S. Prema Kumari||Convenor|
|7.||Mr. Sharanappa||Office Member|
|8.||Mrs. Megha||Student Member|
|9.||Mr. Sachin||Student Member|
The SC/ST cell of the college was established in the academic year 2017-2018 with the purpose of empowering the SC/ST communities in the region. The college takes special interest in facilitating financial support to students from these communities from government agencies and other sources. They are also encouraged to enrol for career orientation programs, which would empower and equip them with the necessary skills to choose a career option.
SC/ST Cell has been created in the college to resolve all the affairs and problems related to the SC/ST Students of the college.
Following are the important work under SC/ST Cell:
- All affairs related to SC/ST students.
- To aware the SC/ST students regarding various scholarships program of State Government, Central Government and UGC.
- To take such follow up measures for achieving the objectives and targets laid down for the purpose by the Government of India and the UGC.
- To communicate with the students and motivate them for better future planning.
- To collect reports and information of State Government and UGC’s orders on various aspects of education, employment of SC/ST Students.
- To circulate State Government and UGC’s decisions about different scholarship programs.