PISM – MBA Eligibility Criteria
Minimum Eligibility for Admission and Admission Procedure
- A graduate degree under 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 pattern under any discipline securing at least 50% marks in aggregate including languages from a recognized University in India or abroad.
- Honors degree under 10+2+4 pattern from a recognized university under UGC Act having at least 50%marks in aggregate including languages.
- Candidates who have passed Bachelor / Master degree through correspondence / Open University system from this university or from any other university recognized by law are exempted from 10+2 pattern. The duration of the degrees must be three years and two years respectively.
- Candidates who pass Bachelor/Master degree in any university system in single sitting pattern are not eligible.
- In case of SC/ST/Cat I candidates, there will be a relaxation of 5% in the aggregate of marks obtained.
- All admissions to BNU MBA Programme and affiliated colleges will be made through an entrance test conducted by an appropriate body as approved by the Government of Karnataka and State Level Counseling based on Rank Merit and the reservation rules based on the seat matrix as announced by the Government of Karnataka from time to time.
Duration of the Course
The duration of the MBA program shall extend over 4 semesters (two academic years) of 16 weeks or more each with a minimum of 90 actual working days of instruction in each semester and 2 to 3 weeks of examinations.
Medium of Instruction
The medium of instruction for all subjects and examination shall be English only.
Minimum Credits & Maximum Credits
- There shall be three categories of courses viz., Core and Compulsory Course, Specialization Course and Open Elective Course/Soft Core Course. The Open Electives are the University approved Courses offered by other Departments of Bengaluru North University.
- The credits for each of Compulsory Course and Specialization Course may vary from 2 to 4 credits. In case of open electives course, each paper shall be of 3 credits. A student is required to take one open elective course in the III Semester. (In the case of Colleges who impart only the MBA Course, students may take up the required Electives in any nearby College.)
- Each paper shall be taken for the purpose of calculating attendance.
- Students are required to attend not less than 75% of the classes in each subject in order to be eligible to appear for the University examinations.
- The statement of attendance shall be displayed on the Notice Board by the institution at the end of every month for the information of students.
- Five marks in Internal Assessment shall be awarded based on the percentage of attendance as an incentive to the student for regularity in attendance.
- A student who does not satisfy the requirement of percentage of attendance shall not be permitted to take the examination of that paper(s).