In pursuance of its Action Plan for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) proposes that every institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of the institution’s system and work towards realization of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions. The work of the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) is the first step towards internalization and institutionalization of quality enhancement initiatives.
Internal quality assurance cell was established on 6th January 2021 in Patel Institute of science and management to develop the system for consistent improvement in the overall performance of the institution.
The year 2020-21 was severely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic worldwide. Education sector was one among the scores of sectors that have been affected. Despite the challenges, the college moved on to the online education platform. IQAC of the college conducted many Faculty and Student development Programmes, which benefitted teachers and students of other colleges as well.
- IQAC shall create process to ensure that all the academic and administrative tasks are performed timely and efficiently
- IQAC shall suggest various academic / research based Programmes.
- IQAC shall create process for outcome based learning.
- IQAC shall advise transparency.
- IQAC shall monitor and motivate initiatives of the institute towards the benefits of various sections of society.
- To monitor the progress of strategic planning of the institute and provide necessary support.
To monitor, advise and ensure, initiatives taken by the institute to improve quality in education and administrative setup by doing periodic monitoring & evaluation and achieving new benchmarks.
- To establish outcome based learning environment that includes value based system.
- To encourage all the departments to outreach and build relationships with the institutes and industries of repute at global level.
- To develop a system that consistently monitors and advises the initiatives taken by the institute and encourages improvement upon best practices.
- To develop universal rules and rubrics for all sections.
The Aims and Objectives of IQAC
- To define quality parameters for the college.
- To work as catalyst for the overall academic and administrative improvement of the institution.
- To create a desire among the stakeholders for the pursuit of knowledge, to acquire the skills and achieve excellence in teaching-learning and research.
- To monitor the quality aspects of the institution.
- To undertake quality-related initiatives, consultancy and training programmes.
- To intervene and guide the departments wherever necessary for quality enhancement.
- The IQAC has, from time to time, adopted the quality parameters set by statutory agencies such as the UGC, NAAC, State Government and the University and used them to assess and assure that quality is maintained.
Functions of IQAC
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of an institution
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education
- Organization of workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- Documentation of the various Programmes / activities leading to quality improvement
- Acting as a nodal agency of the institution for quality-related activities
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC based on the quality parameters.