Anti Ragging Cell
” Any disorderly conduct whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or a junior student.
Indulging in a rowdy or indisciplined activities which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or Psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in a fresher or a junior student.
Asking the students to do any act or perform something which such student will not do in the ordinary course and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or Psyche of a fresher or a junior student. “
Members of the Anti-Ragging Cell
- Dr. Manjunath S (President)
- Mr Sharath Chandra (Convenor)| Contact No. 7760236777 and Email : email@example.com
- Sri Syed Anwar| Contact No. 8838074047 and Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr.Swarnalatha | Contact no. 9740885627 Email : email@example.com
- IC, Marathalli Police Station
- Adithya Sharma | Contact no.8510857588
- Sri Sharanappa | Contact No. 9900726634 and Email :firstname.lastname@example.org
- Smt Jeena Raju | Contact No. 9845602435 and Email : email@example.com
- Dr. Maliswamy| Contact No. 9742619697
- General Secretary (Student’s Council)
Ragging constitutes of one or more of any of the following acts
- Any kind of misconduct to a student of an educational institution, which causes physical or psychological harm.
- Forcing a student to do any act against his/her willingness.
- Targeting a student on the ground of his colour, race, religion, caste, gender, sexual orientation, linguistic identity or economic background.
- Deliberately creating a sense of shame or embarassing a junior student or fresher.
- Force students to perform acts which can lead to physical injury/ mental torture or death.
Punishment for ragging
- Gurdian call and Class suspension according to the degree of offence
- Disallowing to appear in test examination
- Financial punishment
- Expulsion from hostel
- Rustification from College (if fault is severe)
- Holding back results
- Cancellation of admission
- Imprisonment as per ‘West Bengal Prohibition of Ragging in Educational Institutions act, 2000’.
- The Committee keeps a deep observation over any kind of act of ragging inside the campus (Classrooms, Canteens, Grounds, Hostels etc) and take prompt action.
- Anti-ragging banners are placed at various places of the campus and all the hostels to alert the students about this criminal offence.
- Frequent and surprise visits are done to the hostels (both boys and girls) and private conversation are done with the new comers so that they can share any kind of embarassing experiences that they may have faced.
- Emergency helpline number and email contact has been given so that any student can report any kind of ragging incident inside the campus.
- The Anti-ragging cell shows zero tolerance against any such reported act and strict measures are taken to curb the menace of Ragging.
National Anti-Ragging Helpline
Phone No :- 18001805522
Email :- Helpline@Antiragging.In